Hillary Clinton accuses Trump administration of a ‘cover-up’ over its handling of Epstein documents

Hillary Clinton Accuses Trump Administration of a ‘Cover-Up’ Over Epstein Documents

At the Munich Security Conference in Berlin, former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton leveled charges of a “continuing cover-up” against the Trump administration, citing its delayed release of millions of files connected to Jeffrey Epstein. Clinton stated that the process had been “slow-walking,” with names of men linked to the cases being redacted and congressional inquiries met with resistance. “They are stonewalling legitimate requests,” she remarked during a BBC interview, underscoring her belief in transparency.

“They are slow-walking it, they are redacting the names of men who are in it, they are stonewalling legitimate requests from members of Congress,” Clinton told the BBC.

Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche has consistently defended the Department of Justice’s approach, insisting it is “committed to transparency” and “hiding nothing.” The latest documents released by the DOJ included several mentions of Bill Clinton, shedding light on his staff’s interactions with Epstein and his associate Ghislaine Maxwell. Clinton asserted that she and her husband “have nothing to hide,” while Bill Clinton has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing tied to the late sex offender.

Previous batches of files had shown Bill Clinton with Epstein and in a hot tub with someone the DOJ identified as a “victim” of his sexual abuse. The Clintons are scheduled for closed-door depositions in the House’s Epstein investigation in late February. Their agreement to the House Oversight Committee’s conditions came only after the chamber prepared to vote for contempt over their refusal to comply with a subpoena.

Clinton emphasized that the couple was “more than happy to say what we know,” which she called “very limited and totally unrelated to their behavior or their crimes.” She argued that scrutiny of the Clintons was being used to shift focus away from Trump, who is named over 1,000 times in the files. Trump initially resisted publicizing the documents but later urged Republicans to approve their release after months of debate.

“I’ve been totally exonerated,” Trump said, adding, “They’re getting pulled in, that’s their problem. We’ll have to see what happens.”

Clinton highlighted Attorney General Pam Bondi’s testimony before the House Judiciary Committee as evidence of the administration’s secretive tactics. “(Bondi) refused to answer questions, she diverted attention away from the matters at hand, she refused to look at survivors,” she claimed. This aligns with remarks from Bill Clinton’s spokesperson in December, which criticized the DOJ for prioritizing “insinuation” over transparency.

The Justice Department has faced backlash for its inconsistent redactions in the released documents. Some congressional members who reviewed unredacted versions alleged the agency was shielding powerful figures. In response, they requested additional names be unredacted and submitted a list of “politically exposed persons” to Congress on Saturday. The story has been updated with further details.